Membership

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ookem In The Dooker Forum Index -> Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caboose54

re: DECLINED - App: Carmine...dizzle - by Caboose54

Unfortunately, we'll have to decline your application. We have four active hunters on our roster already, and I can't see us having room for more.

Sorry, and good luck elsewhere!

CarmineBH

re: App: Carmine...dizzle

The application submitted by Carmine...dizzle is as follows:

Quote:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Refer to the example application before applying: http://ookem.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10266713&gid=402970

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Character Name and Server:
Carmine - Burning Legion (US)

Armory Link:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Carmine/simple

What spec(s) are you comfortable playing? How much experience do you have playing it?:
Both BM and MM. I've experience playing both in this expansion and am comfortable in any situation with either.

What experience do you have with previous raiding tiers (both this expansion and past expansions)?:
Spine in DS
SoO 14/14H

What experience do you have with the current raiding tier?:
Current raid tier I've got 7/7N 5/7H 0/7M I've done about 20 pulls with pugs on both Cenarius and Xavius Heroic. I know the mythic fights as I've seen videos and guides pertaining to all but cenarius and xavius thus far, but I've not done any of the fights.

Why do you wish to join Ookem in the Dooker?:
Your raiding times work with my schedule, your stability combined with your successful completion of raids over the course of multiple expansions, your current progression in EN, and the good vibes that I get from the small amount I've read and seen from this guild (example app was nice, the most recently accepted app was funny too)

Do you have anyone in Ookem in the Dooker that is willing to vouch for you?:
Not yet.

What guilds have you raided with previously? Why did you leave them?:
I've got a very unlucky history with guilds disbanding it seems. I originally quit WoW in MoP's MV after the guild I ran DS Heroics with in the previous expansion (We made it to madness) disbanded due to the officers and some core raiding members quitting WoW, I've forgotten their names as it was so long ago now. I joined up with a casual guild when I came back to the game, around the time SoO was released, to gear up and have some fun. We parted on good terms, and I left because I'd gotten an offer for a core spot in a top 3 guild on my server at the time (Nyansense - Bleeding Hollow) and I wanted to raid top content again. I joined with them and managed to down heroic 10M Garrosh a few months prior to the mythic nerfs. Going into WoD unfortunately with the 20-man mythic system being put into effect the talent on the core roster was heavily diluted as we were forced to take on almost whoever we could at the time because of the high demand for raiders as most guilds on Bleeding Hollow were 10-man before the mythic system was implemented. Thus we merged with another guild that were months behind Nyansense in terms of progression and formed under the name Barracuda (which still exists to this day). I completed 5/7M HM with that guild before things in the raid roster and overall began to deteriorate where bosses we'd completed weeks before went unkilled and we began to run into roadblocks for content we'd already defeated due to certain raid members failing mechanics over and over, etc. And moving into BRF Heroic the guild tried to down blackhand for 2-3 weeks and were unsuccessful due to the same issues that I'd mentioned before. I felt that the guild's members that were failing these mechanics were not putting as much time or effort into the game as the rest of the players and it was effecting everyone's experience negatively and made the raiding atmosphere very uneasy and unfun. The guild I'd been with for a little under a year had fallen into mediocrity and it was at this time that I received an offer from a guild that was already doing mythic progression and competing to be a top 100US guild. I talked with the officers of Barracuda and they suggested that since there was no real pool of talent to choose from as there were many players quitting and many other guilds having more time to recruit then the officers in Barracuda did, that I should take the offer if I wished. That offer then led me to join Livid on Emerald Dream (at the time the server best and top 150US guild) There were some extremely high quality players playing there, some of whom were the best I'd seen in their roles and I'm sure they're finding success to this day (if they're still around) although with that being said we still ran into issues much the same as in Barracuda and when blast furnace progression came up we were never able to defeat it before core members began to retire and the officers in the guild stated that they had no time to recruit and that the guild would disband because of that. (They've since come back but have a completely full roster). I'd been with Livid for around 4-6 months and after they disbanded I server transferred to Burning Legion to join Storytime after receiving a core raider spot offer from them and they were also progressing on blastfurnace which I'd put over 200 attempts into already with Livid. However two weeks after I joined multiple core members of the guild got banned for using bots on their accounts and the guild then disbanded shortly after that. After transferring servers 3 times in less then a year and having two guilds disband in a very short amount of time I chose to leave WoW so that I could find a stable home in the next xpac where I could once again compete to be in a competitive guild again.

Are you available for every raid day (M, T, TH from 6:30 to 9:30 Mountain)?:
Yes

What other days of the week are you available to raid?:
Wednesday but I prefer not to raid 4 days a week if I don't have to because of work and friends, etc.

Do you click any skills? If so, what skills do you click?:
I do not click any abilities/skills that I use in raiding, no.

What addons do you use? Please provide a screenshot of your UI.:
http://i.imgur.com/I8HOcdi.jpg

DBM
Quartz
Tidy Plates

I keep things pretty vanilla and have for many years had it this way.

Do you have any recent logs from World of Logs or Warcraft Logs? If so, please provide a link.:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bzLF9XBHWJPYtVD1

These are from a couple of weeks ago at the start of EN, I realized that I had some CD timings that I missed in these logs and I've been working hard on perfecting my rotation ever since.

What are your computer specifications? Please include details about your computer hardware, operating system, and network stability.:
I've got very stable internet, hardly any issues ever.

I've got an area-51 alienware computer, 1TB HDD + 128GB SSD, 2x GeForce GTX 780 graphics cards, 32GB DDR3 RAM, i7 processor, Windows 7 professional

Do you have any additional information for us?:
I have an open schedule until next year around Jan or Feb when I will have more things to do but they will be flexible in their timings as long as the raid schedule remains consistent they will not effect raiding at all.

I often do my own research and try to maximize my efficiency and effectiveness while playing my hunter. I spend hours a day on the game and the only thing I'm missing in this expansion right now is a guild to raid at the highest level with. I will leave you with some of my recent findings for the level 100 BM talent:

For Single-target damage:

41 Kill Commands (KC) in 3 minutes for it to be better then stampede (BW amp dmg calculated into this)

To find this number I factored in the amount of KCs that someone with stampede will be able to cast and the number of KCs required to match and surpass the damage of a damage amplified Stampede (we will assume you will have BW up for every time you use stampede)

Every BW unaided by Aspect of the wild's additional focus generation (which will make this better but because focus generation is useful for both talents in different ways I've chosen to just focus on the level 100 talent's differences) is 6 KC's extra for no CD (adjusted for the BW amplified dmg)

With 6% haste
With 41% amp dmg on BW
1:30 BW CD
11.4 Dire Beast (-15 Sec on BW)

BW -> DB
90-11.4(-15) = 63.6
63.6-11.4(-15) = 37.2
37.2-11.4(-15) = 10.8
+10.8 seconds
=
45 Second CD for BW

7 (for 6KC from BW + 1 on CD) + 6 (7.1 second CD until Bw is back up you can cast 6 times within 45 seconds) = 13 KC in

45 seconds

Now you'll cast KC as BW is coming back up therefore you'll either have to burn time off the clock or cast cobra shot to reset the CD therefore you can get 12 guaranteed every time with proper focus management.

45 x 4 = 3 minutes which is the time that stampede's CD is and the time limit for the results.

Thus 4 x 12 = 48 and therefore for every 3 minutes that a fight lasts Killer Cobra is better then Stampede and additional 49.7 seconds

(Stampede is cast again it will be better for 180 seconds-(49.7x2) for 9 minutes it's 180-(49.7x3) etc.

tl;dr Killer Cobra is better to have after 2:10 into the fight than Stampede. Stampede is better to have if the fight will last until 3 minutes when it comes back up, then Killer Cobra is better from 4:34 into the fight. 6 minutes into the fight stampede will be better again until 6:31 and from then on Killer Cobra will be better.

I look forward to hearing back from you, thank you for your consideration
-Carmine

Did you read the example application and the instructions at the top of the page?:
Yes

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ookem In The Dooker Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum