Membership

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ookem In The Dooker Forum Index -> Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caboose54

re: DECLINED - App: Swoleder - by Caboose54

Unfortunately, we will have to decline your application. Our roster is already quite full, and our melee roster is already bigger than we expected.

Good luck on your search for a guild!

Swoleder

re: App: Swoleder

The application submitted by Swoleder is as follows:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Refer to the example application before applying: http://ookem.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10266713&gid=402970

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Character Name and Server:
Dixynormus - Illidan

Armory Link:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Dixynormus/advanced

What spec(s) are you comfortable playing? How much experience do you have playing it?:
Arms, First time raiding as warrior but have played multiple dps classes at a top 100 raiding level.

What experience do you have with previous raiding tiers (both this expansion and past expansions)?:
This expansion so far I am 7/7 heroic with pull practice on 2/7 mythic. So far my main this expansion has been my hunter but I want to switch to my warrior as it is more fun for me to play.
Obsolete (Whisperwind) - This was my first true top raiding guild I partook in. I joined them at the beginning of Ulduar after transferring from the dead server I was on. It was some of the most fun I have ever had in the game. While in the guild we accomplished: US #113 Yogg no light, US# 56 Tribute to insanity 25, US# 13 Heroic Lich king 10 man, and US# 73 Heroic Lich king 25. After farming ICC for several months the guild stopped raiding and many members quit. The core of us that were still around decided to form a 10 man and create a new guild as cata raiding was making things universal.
Rocket Surgery (Whisperwind) - This is the 10 man guild we formed out of the remaining top players in obsolete. We finished tier 11 with top 50 US kills on Cho'gal, Nefarian, and top 20 on Sinestra. After completing the the tier a few of us, myself included, decided we wanted to go back to 25 man raiding as 10 just was not the same feel. The GM was reluctant to begin recruiting and filling raid spots and as a result a handful of us went our own ways to continue the expansion.
WHATEVER WERE AWESOME (Magtheridon) - This is where myself and 3 other close friends from whisperwind went to finish T11 and get ready for the release of firelands. I was here for all of 2 months doing farm content and just trying to get high parses. Unfortunately the close group I transferred with there to raid with all quit and I was not happy with the raid environment. It just wasn't a good fit for me. Was some of the most rageful leading I have witnessed and I just couldn't click with the members so I started searching for a new home. I love playing at a top level but when it takes the fun out of the game, it just simply is not worth it anymore.
Vigil (Mal'ganis) - I got back on track! I started to have so much fun again. This guild was really a great time and extremely good. I raided with them all through firelands and Dragon Soul. While there we accomplished : US# 4 and world # 18 heroic Rag 25 man followed by US #15 and world rank #99 heroic dragon soul 25 man. We lost a lot of great players after firelands concluded before dragon soul was released due to a switch in raid leaders and a essentially the whole officer core being reworked. I left after farming dragon soul for about 4 months and getting burned out. I stepped away from the game for about a month and took a break.
Tyranny (Shattered Hand) - I came back from my break and hooked up with a few old friends that were in this guild. I joined to finish the last few months of dragon soul farming for fun and preparing for MoP. As soon as MoP came out we were rocking and Rolling. I myself got Realm First level 90 and began raiding. When the raids dropped we had top 10 world kills on almost all normal bosses and top 30 on most heroic bosses. We slipped towards the end but finished the tier at US # 54 and world #258. I had a lot of fun and was on a much more casual raiding schedule hours wise which was great. I did not want to be raiding 40+ hours a week again like in vigil which was my main reason for joining. However that being said, I quit after this tier and took a long break due to some personal issues at the time along with a large class load in school. I didn't play again the entire rest of MoP.
Rude Awakening - My guild so far in Legion on my hunter, I am looking to main swap as I am not enjoying my hunter and want something new to play that keeps me enjoying the game.

What experience do you have with the current raiding tier?:
I am currently 7/7 heroic on 2 characters with pull practice on 2/7 mythic

Why do you wish to join Ookem in the Dooker?:
I found the guild on wowprogress, I feel like I am a good fit for the team with my competitive nature and wanting to always perform at a top level pushing progression on a relatively limited hours schedule. I feel this guild would be a good fit for me.

Do you have anyone in Ookem in the Dooker that is willing to vouch for you?:
No

What guilds have you raided with previously? Why did you leave them?:
I elaborated on this quiet heavily earlier in the application with my raiding history.

Are you available for every raid day (M, T, TH from 6:30 to 9:30 Mountain)?:
Yes

What other days of the week are you available to raid?:
all except friday and saturday

Do you click any skills? If so, what skills do you click?:
none

What addons do you use? Please provide a screenshot of your UI.:
Elvui
TMW
DBM
Skada

http://imgur.com/a/fxYMq

Do you have any recent logs from World of Logs or Warcraft Logs? If so, please provide a link.:
These are the only current logs I have which is from some older gear and also my first time ever raiding as a warrior (I was happy knowing on most fights i was in the 80-85 percentile for my first time, there is obvious room for improvement with mechanics never seen as melee and more damage but it was a ok baseline.I wish I had more for you). They are not the prettiest but I know at least something is needed.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xym4gDkqZtVHjPah#type=damage-done

more logs from random pug normal.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fvJRZL7b8d4W16xX/#type=damage-done

Ursoc looks ugly, tank took boss to other side of room after pull. I had already charged in and popped cds which got wasted so numers cld be alot prettier.
Pulled agro on Twin dragons and got meled to die .

I know there still not amazing but I know any data I have will help.

What are your computer specifications? Please include details about your computer hardware, operating system, and network stability.:
GTX ASUS 970
I5 350 @ 3.4ghz
1TB SSD

Do you have any additional information for us?:
Let me first start by saying how ugly and "noobish" this app looks as someone behind applying to a top tier guild and I appreciate you taking the time to read my app and hear me out. I am a perfectionist in almost everything I do in and outside of the game. I am competitive by nature and always try to be the very best I can be at everything I invest my time in, and if I am not the best, I will be eventually. Why invest your time and efforts into something if you are not going to get maximum benefit or fulfillment out of it? That is how I approach almost everything in life. I really enjoy learning and improving myself all around as an individual. We all have things we can learn and skills to improve on, even at the top of your game, their is always something to critique and room for improvement. However, as important as constant self improvement is, you must enjoy it and have a motive to continue. It should not be a tedious process that is not enjoyable. You must find your niche and love every second of seeing yourself grow as an individual and even gamer.
With that being said, I consider myself to be a very outgoing and social individual, in many cases my friends find the trick to be getting me to shut up. I will be the first to tell you I am likely one of the biggest goof balls you will ever meet. I love laughing, having a great time, and making everyone around me happy and smiling as well. There obviously is a time and place for fun with all things.

I am very excited for Legion to come back and for me to be able and find a fun group to PvE with. I really miss the game play, atmosphere, and just everything about it. There is no game still that offers the same sort of experience. I can assure I will always be on time for raids and ready to roll when the time comes. I always make sure to give 110% at everything I do and make sure all my homework is completed before going into the test. I use the same approach in WoW with doing my research on things that are new making sure I am as prepared as possible. I will not disappoint or let down given the opportunity. I have never failed a trial when given one and don’t plan to start that tendency any time soon, I have too much self respect to not perform at my very best which is a top level. I have really been researching over the last month or so coming back to the game deciding what class I wanted to main and fit me for legion. I also have been on wowprogress looking at guilds to call home constantly. This is the first application I am submitting because this I believe would be my best fit in terms of scheduling and general atmosphere / attitude of members given what I read. I hope to hear back soon and if there are any questions or concerns / need to pick my brain I am always accessible.

Did you read the example application and the instructions at the top of the page?:
Yes

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ookem In The Dooker Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum